Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

About 3 yrs ago my optometrist told me my pressure was a bit

Customer Question

About 3 yrs ago my optometrist told me my pressure was a bit high. During the past month I've lost 99% vision in my left eye. I have no health insurance. Now I'm experiencing severe pain in the upper region of my left eye. What can this be? Are there eye clinics in the Houston area that I can go to, that would see me and allow me to make payments? I can't bare this pain nor the loss of VISION. Please answer my question.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 4 years ago.
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Based on the limited information you've given me in your question, I suspect that you likely have advanced glaucoma and are losing vision from it. The best bet for you is to go to the academic medical centers, like University of Texas at Houston Eye Department, or Baylor Eye Department in Houston--you will find top notch eye doctors there and they routinely deal with persons who need payment plans. Does this make sense?
Doctor DanB : UT Houston Ophthalmology department webpage is http://www.uth.tmc.edu/ophthalmology/
Doctor DanB : Baylor College of Medicine Ophthalmology website is http://www.bcm.edu/eye/
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic? It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns.Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!