Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I splashed gasoline in my left eye. washed it out for 15 min

I splashed gasoline in my left eye. washed it out for 15 min w/ tap water. What else should I do ?
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Customer:

yes

Doctor DanB : I would recommend repeating this 15 minute water flush one more time. After that I would recommend using artificial tears 4 to 5 times per day in this eye and if it is still irritated using a lubricating eye ointment in that I at night. If after 48 hours of doing this that eye is still irritated or the vision significantly affected, then I would recommend going to see your ophthalmologist as soon as you could. Does that make sense?
Customer:

yes

Customer:

can i buy a lubricating ointment otc?

Doctor DanB : Yes right next to the artificial tears.
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?
Customer:

can I buy the lub ointment OTC?

Doctor DanB : Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!