How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Dan B. Your Own Question
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 3343
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Dan B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear Doctor, For about two weeks I have an oval cloud from

This answer was rated:

Dear Doctor,
For about two weeks I have an oval cloud from the middle to the left in my right Eye. My Eye sight has always exeptional good for my age. I will be 79 in August. I went to see my Optomologist and he told me I have Gell behind my Eye.I went for a second opinion to an other Eye docter this mor ning, and he will make an appointm. with a Specialist.
Could you tell me what this cloud is?
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : I'm sorry to say that a description of gel behind the eyes is unfortunately not terribly helpful. Everyone has gel in the back of there I called the vitreous jelly. Perhaps what this doctor meant is that the vitreous jelly is pulling on the retina and causing fluid to accumulate in the retina because of this traction. This is called the vitreomacular adhesion (VMA). It is also possible, given your age, that you have either wet macular degeneration or have had some small vascular occlusion in the retina causing swelling in the retina. Ultimately it is going to be an appointment with a retina specialist which will delineate the exact cause of this area that you are seeing abnormally. Does this make sense?
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?
Doctor DanB : It's also possible that this could be a collection of the vitreous jelly which is detached from the rest of the jelly and floating in front of your retina. This is called a posterior vitreous detachment. Some people just refer to these as floaters. This would be a very common event in and of itself and ends up being usually nothing to worry about long as the retina were okay.

thank you for your answer.I will have to wait what the specialist has to say about this.

Doctor DanB : Youre welcome. Do you have any other questions about this?
Doctor DanB : Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!
Dr. Dan B. and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you