Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Rick only. This is an addendum to question asked 1:00 PM

For Dr.Rick only. This is an...
For Dr.Rick only.
This is an addendum to question asked 1:00 PM 5/10/13
Dr. Rick I neglected to mention in the past question that I have blepharitis both eyes for 7 years. But on the lower lid of one eye.for approx. 1/8 linear inch of lid. it attempts to cover over with skin but after washing, this skin comes off and this small section returns to a redder area and even though it does not hurt or bleed a small crust usually forms over night and when I wake up in the A.M. I gently wash this away. It is quite red and irritated looking up close but skin keeps trying to heal over but never quite makes it. Been this way for 7 years. The previous question I asked concerning the incident in the public bathroom and STDs etc. had no apparent effect on this condition.
But would this knowledge change your original opinion. Or have I still nothing to worry about.
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/10/2013
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Thank you for that additional information.
In reviewing these new facts I have to say that my original comments and finding are not changed at all.
The incident in the public restroom that we discussed, even with the issue of your lower lid, does not put you at any risk for contracting an STD of any type at all.
In my professional opinion you, still, have nothing to worry about.
Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Remember. I am available anytime you have questions or concerns in the future.
Have a great weekend :)

Thank you for replying doctor.

Would you agree with the following 3 assertions

1. If any of the STDS invaded my eyes would I not have

exhibited some local eye infection (conjunctivitis etc.) within 3 weeks?

2. Even though the blepharitis appears inflamed at the spot I mentioned

it does not bleed or feel sore. So can I assume it has protective coating of sorts to protect it from invading pathogens ? It has not changed since the incident.

3. HIV is included in STDS

For issues 1,2 & 3:
I agree completely agree with your assertions
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
After 59 positive ratings I am sure you know how the system works :)
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD