Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have a amo clrflxc lens implant should it appear octagon

in shape with doctors examination...
I have a amo clrflxc lens implant should it appear octagon in shape with doctors examination! IF NOT WHAT LENS IS OCTAGON IN SHAPE?
5/7/2013
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
How long ago was your surgery?
Who told you it was a funny shape?
Are you having any visual issues?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

4 years ago The doctor we had 15 years ago he said he has never seen a octagon shape lens before 30 years of practice! Yes im still visual problems. I contacted amo and they have never made a octagon lens! Also I cant log in to my account forget username and password ***** clear account and call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX

Sheri,
Your number was blocked by the firewall. We are only able to communicate on this forum.
The good news? You logged in to leave the message above, so just continue that way.
There is no lens that I have ever heard of, seen or been able to find with extensive research that is octagon in shape.
Have you had any imaging of this lens done, either by dilation, anterior segment B scan or other modality?
One thing you can do if this strange lens is causing you so many problems is to have a surgeon remove it and replace it with a standard posterior chamber intraocular lens.
The added benefit of this surgery is that you would have the octagon shaped lens in hand for examination.
You might also obtain your eye surgery notes as well as the clinical notes of the surgeon who removed your cataract. This might shed some light on the issue.
Does this make sense to you?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS

I also had a yag procedure done does eliminate from having a lens exchange also google octagon lens implants

That is not a problem. You can still have a lens exchange done even after a YAG posterior capsulotomy.
I did google it...and nothing of value comes up.
I would very much like to see a photo of your lens, either via anterior segment B scan or after it is removed.....
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Dr Rick my eye and I have viewed the lens again and it appears to be etched or scratched in a octagon shape on the anterior surface of the lens. On looking at it with a scope it looks like a 3d out line of a octagon shape, this also appears in a photo of the eye and both eyes are the same.please help me because I think this is what is causing my vision problems thank u

Sheri,
The lens can be pitted by the YAG laser when your posterior capsule is cut but this almost never causes visual symptoms.
Can you upload the picture you are referring to? Here is a good way to do that:
Save your picture on your computer, someplace easy to find it such as your desktop.
Go to www.tinypic.com
Upload your picture to the site tinypic.com by browsing for it as directed.
This opens up files on your computer. Double click on the picture you want to upload then hit open (bottom right of the screen). This will take you back to the tinypic page. Hit "upload now" then do the secret code thing and your picture will upload into the system.
Once you do that it gives you a bunch of links you can use, one of which says "direct link for layouts" It is important to use this box. It is the forth one down from the top of the page.
Copy the link from inside this box and then paste it into your justanswer dialog box and send it to your expert.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD