Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Can you recommend and expert in temporal arterites who can

Can you recommend and expert in temporal arterites who can perform a biopsy this week in near putnam county new york

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Dr Pence is a surgeon with over 18 years of experience. She can be reached at:

Dr. Rick :

Mount Kisco Medical Group Carmel
185 Route 312 Fl 201
Brewster, NY 10509
845-278-7000

Dr. Rick :

Most ophthalmologists also do temporal artery biopsies, myself included; Dr Braun has almost a decade of clinical experience. He can be reached at:

Dr. Rick :

MKMG Ophthalmology at Putnam Hospital Center
664 Stoneleigh Ave., Suite 200
Carmel, NY 10512

Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Dr. Rick :

While it is not really necessary for a temporal artery biopsy, a top-notch vascular surgeon is available at Westchester County Medical Center:

Dr. Rick :

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : Dr Pence is a surgeon with over 18 years of experience. She can be reached at:
Dr. Rick : Mount Kisco Medical Group Carmel
185 Route 312 Fl 201
Brewster, NY(NNN) NNN-NNNN Rick : Most ophthalmologists also do temporal artery biopsies, myself included; Dr Braun has almost a decade of clinical experience. He can be reached at:
Dr. Rick : MKMG Ophthalmology at Putnam Hospital Center XXXXX, Suite 200
Carmel, NY 10512
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Dr. Rick : While it is not really necessary for a temporal artery biopsy, a top-notch vascular surgeon is available at Westchester County Medical Center:
Dr. Rick : http://www.westchestermedicalcenter.com/drfranciscarrol
Dr. Rick : Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your quick response can you please explain why you gave this opinion below. Do you have another suggestion. Putnam hospital didnt have the equipment to do a temporal artery doppler. Anything you suggest will be appreciated

Larry,

I actually trained at WCMC in the 80's. It's a small world, eh?

Some patient think a vascular surgeon would be best for this type of surgery since it is a blood vessel, so I included the vascular surgeon just to be complete. In my opinion, using a vascular surgeon for a TxBx is like using a special forces squad to catch a 14 year old shoplifter...it will work, but it's kinda overkill.

I do not usually use a doppler when doing TaBx, even if there is no palpable pulse. It is a fairly easy vessel to find as long as you are comfortable with the anatomical landmarks.

I wish you the best of luck.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.