How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Dan B. Your Own Question
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 3343
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Dan B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a Bone Scan and CT Scan yesterday as follow-up to my

This answer was rated:

Hi, I had a Bone Scan and CT Scan yesterday as follow-up to my previous Cancer.
Today when I woke up, I have a half moon watery blur in my left eye. I have removed my contacts, is there anything that could have caused this from those tests? is there anything I can do to get back to normal?
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Did you have iv contrast with these studies?





Yes I did.

Doctor DanB : Does this watery blur change when you blink? Does it improve? Is it only in one eye?

It does change when I blink, and it does improve. But it come back. And sometimes I see little black dots like small insects flying around. Yes it is only in one eye.

Doctor DanB : Okay, thanks for that additional informaion. I do not suspect that these radiologic studies have caused this vision abnormality to happen. Did you or do you sleep in your contacts?


Doctor DanB : I suspect that sleeping in the contacts may have caused some inflammation in the cornea that has messed with the tear film and is cauisng the intermittent blurry vision that improves with each blink (like wiping the windshield clean). Does this make sense?

Yes it does, but the strange thing is the eye does not seem watery. Just has water in the bottom. What should I do? Could it be more serious?

Doctor DanB : It's possible that this is more serious. Is the eye red, painful, or light-sensitive?

No, no, and no. When it is dark, I can almost see a half moon of liquid.

Doctor DanB : Okay, if the answer to these questions is no, then I don't think this is terribly serious. You may be having some swelling of the conjunctiva below your cornea and you may be noticing this that could simulate this water effect. Also, it's possible that the tear film is disrupted because of the overnight contact wear causing this effect that can happen even in the absence of tearing or watery eyes. Does that make sense?

Yes that does make sense. what should I do and how long should I wait before seeing a dr if it continues?

Doctor DanB : I would start with keeping your contacts out, but also using artificial tears 4-5x/day for the next few days. Cool compresses can also help decrease the inflammation associated with this. But if this isn't singificantly better after 48 hrs, or if you develop redness, light sensitivity, pain, discharge, or significantly decreased vision before 48 hours, then you need to go see your ophthalmologist. DDo you have any other questions about this?

Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate the information. I will put do as you suggest.

Doctor DanB : My pleasure. GGood luck to you. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry! 
Dr. Dan B. and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you