How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Dan B. Your Own Question
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 3343
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Dan B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think I have a problem with my right eye tear duct

Customer Question

I think I have a problem with my right eye tear duct
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 4 years ago.
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : What symptoms are you having that lead you to think that?

Hi, I am able to chat.


Underneath my eye is all puffy, and it looks like someone punched me in the eye. I just got over having a cold.


I tried using hot compresses with a wash cloth


I did this last night, and then I went to bed, and when I got up this morning, it was all puffy again.


are you there

Doctor DanB : I'm sorry but I went through a dead zone of reception on my phone. Is the eye itself red, painful, or light-sensitive? Is the eyelid skin red and/or itchy?