Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

MY EYE DOCTOR AT LAST EXAM SAID LEFT EYE DOESNT RESPOND

mY EYE DOCTOR AT LAST EXAM SAID LEFT EYE DOESNT RESPOND QUITE AS FAS AS RIGHT. wHEN i READ WITH OUT GLASSES OR CONTACTS, i HAVE TROUBLE WITH THAT EYE ALIGNING TO WHAT i AM READING, iS THAT A CONCERN, i AM 71 IN A MONTH AND dR DISN'T SEEM TO BE BOTHERED BY IT, i GO BACK IN TO SEE HIM IN TWO WEEKS AND WAS JUST WONDERING.
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Were you examined by an optometrist or an ophthalmologist (eye MD)?

Customer:

OPTOMETRIST

Dr. Rick :

When you eye doctor says that your eye doesn't "respond quite as fast as it should" does he mean that the eye muscles are slow to line up your eyes while reading or does he mean it is not focusing as fast as it should?

Dr. Rick :

Also, with glasses or contacts, does this problem go away?

Customer:

FOCUS IS ALRIGHT i THING. It doesn't move or line up with what I am rading. With glasses or contacts, it isnt quite as amuch a problem, but I think it does play a part in my vision. it is kind of clear, but I cant rad

Customer:

looks like I cant type either

Dr. Rick :

That's OK. I can't type very well either :)

Customer:

as long as you can decipher

Dr. Rick :

Got it :)

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like you having problems with convergence when reading and, no, this is not just something that happens with age (of course it could happen from eating Chinese Lilac Tree seeds ;-)

Dr. Rick :

just kidding on the last part, of course.

Customer:

should I have him check something special out, or go to a specialist. Good one on that last part. liked that..

Dr. Rick :

If it is causing you problems the first person to consult with would be an ophthalmologist. That being said, the true experts on this would be a neuro-ophthalmologist

Dr. Rick :

This issue really is beyond an optometrist to deal with.....

Dr. Rick :

Sometimes the solution is something as simple as grinding a mild prism into your reading glasses prescription.....

Dr. Rick :

Thank for the previous bonus by the way....you are too kind :)

Customer:

Thanks for your suggestions and great sense of humor/ Have a Blessed day

Dr. Rick :

You too! Take care.

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer:

Any thing else?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I will proceed here with your suggestions.

Sounds like a good plan.
Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you.
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.