Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

My husband fell and bumped his head on Sunday, I took him to

the Urgen Care clinic and...
My husband fell and bumped his head on Sunday, I took him to the Urgen Care clinic and they did a cat scan and an xray of his neck. the doctor told us that there was not bleeding detected and that he would be ok. just to check that he was acting normal, Well he is, no problem there, but he has developed two black eyes, what does that mean.
3/12/2013
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

This may be from blood under his skin, but on the outside of his skull that now, with time, has tracked down around his eyes.

Dr. Rick :

This is not unusual and -- as long as he is his normal self in all other respects -- this is nothing to worry about.

Dr. Rick :

The black eyes will take a week or two to go away and may expand some and even change colors.

Dr. Rick :

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick :

We have been experiencing problems with the chat system for the last few days. Our engineers are working on it. However, I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:
Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : This may be from blood under his skin, but on the outside of his skull that now, with time, has tracked down around his eyes.
Dr. Rick : This is not unusual and -- as long as he is his normal self in all other respects -- this is nothing to worry about.
Dr. Rick : The black eyes will take a week or two to go away and may expand some and even change colors.
Dr. Rick : Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Please accept my apologies for the technical problems we have experienced with the chat system today.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD