Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have been diagnosed with weak eye muscles causing

Customer Question
Hi, I have been diagnosed...
Hi, I have been diagnosed with weak eye muscles causing binocular vision dysfunction. I have problems with Balance while walking, dizziness, depth perception and inability to fixate on objects ( they start to move). While operating laptop of watching TV, I start getting stiffness in the neck muscles and they ease once I stop working. I am using HTS (home therapy software) since 3 months and there is a improvement in the symptom but still the problem is there. Can you please suggest if my symptoms can be cause by weak eye muscles and I am on the right track of treatment.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Eye
3/11/2013
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 4 years ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Pearl.com

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

JACUSTOMER-tei1qnmm- :

hi

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Weak eye muscles can cause visual symptoms such as blurring of vision or problem wih depth perception.

JACUSTOMER-tei1qnmm- :

I dont have a blur vision

Dr. A.S. Desai :

But I wonder if that could have caused your other symptoms of dizziness or problems wih balance. It could have been caused by BPPV.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo can cause similar symptoms.

JACUSTOMER-tei1qnmm- :

I have already shown several ENT and Neuro in Bangalore. Manipal hospital

JACUSTOMER-tei1qnmm- :

nothing related to inner ear problem

JACUSTOMER-tei1qnmm- :

Problem is most of the docs in Bangalore has never heard about these problems due to eye issue. But there are dozens of articles from US and UK doctors who have been treating paitents similar to me

JACUSTOMER-tei1qnmm- :

with prism and other muscles excercise

JACUSTOMER-tei1qnmm- :

infact most opthamalogist doent even know software like HTS exists.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

You are right about using prisms but they are not curative .They can only help to overcomethe symptoms.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

We are in the middle of the chat...

JACUSTOMER-tei1qnmm- :

thanks. but I dont think you have any idea about the problem I am talking

JACUSTOMER-tei1qnmm- :

any wrong information can mislead me from the treatment I am already taking

JACUSTOMER-tei1qnmm- :

BPPV is something which I got checked very early into the symptoms... I have visited almost all top E&T and Neuro of Bangalore

Dr. A.S. Desai :

You are free to take your decision but do not just give a negative rating based on your assumptions. You may as well view and not rate the answer at all. I would have wanted to give you more information as you are from bangalore but I guess you are not convinced.

JACUSTOMER-tei1qnmm- :

I apologies... I came for online opinion as none of the docs in India has been able to answer my questions and all docs who knows this problem are from UK and US, but unfortunately out of my reach

JACUSTOMER-tei1qnmm- :

can you please pass this question and make it open again?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Your symptoms would not have been caused exclusively due to eye muscle imbalance alone. Yes , I can opt out of he question so hat another expert can answer he same to your satisfaction. But I request you to withdraw the rating and leave it non rated.

JACUSTOMER-tei1qnmm- :

ok

Relist: Inaccurate answer.
The doctor did not know anything about the problem I am having and could not even attempt a basic answer. I need expert opinion from another doc
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.

I have already visisted several E&T, Neuro surgeon and Orthopedic for any issue related to inner ear, brain, neck or spine that could have caused the proble,. These are the tests that were conducted and all came as clean.

1- E&T- Sound test- clear

2. brain- MRI- single sequence- Clear

3- NECK- MRI, complete spine- Clear

4- Doppler test for blood flow to brain from neck- clear

5- Thyroid test- Normal.

When this problem began it started from episode of morning dizziness one fine day where the whole room spinned. Since then my balance is totally off control. For the first 3 months I was treated for inner ear problem and put on vertin 48MG SR. This worsened the problem. After 3 month a E&T referred to eye test and after several tests in vision clinic of a reputed Bangalore eye hospital, weak eye muscles resulting in poor focusing was determined as the cause. The hospital provided therapy kit of HTS (home threapy software) for vision threapy at home.

Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 4 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today. I noticed that your expert has opted out and is no longer available to assist you. In addition, you have relistd the question.
I have reviewed your discussion with Dr. Desai as well as the testing data you have provided.
How long has this problem been going on?
Has the HTS helped at all? Which program/version are you using?
Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?
Was there an event (car accident, illness etc) that might have precipitated your problem?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD