Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

My mother is 85 years old. she takes Walfarin and has high

My mother is 85 years old. she takes Walfarin and has high blood pressure. She has some blood coming out of her left ear, and she said that since yesterday, her left eye was red. what you think it is the problem?
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Is the eye that is red full of red lines that look like cracks on a sidewalk or a confluent red patch of blood?
Customer:

the last one.

Doctor DanB : It sounds as though her blood may be too thin. In other words, her Coumadin level may be too high, if she is having spontaneous bleeding from the eye and ears.
Customer:

Would this require a visit to the emergency room or it can wait until tomorrow to go to the doctor?

Doctor DanB : This can likely wait until tomorrow to see her doctor. However, if he starts to lose significant vision, the bleeding becomes brisk, or she starts to have severe headache, focal weakness or numbness, double vision, or difficulty walking or swallowing, she should go to the ER.
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this? 
Customer:

no thank you

Doctor DanB : My pleasure. Good luck. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!