How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Tom Your Own Question
Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 264
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Tom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A drop of bleach got in my wife's eye, what should we do?

This answer was rated:

A drop of bleach got in my wife's eye, what should we do?
Dr. Tom : Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question.I understand what you are asking. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom

Carrie is off to the emercency room. we rised with water.

Dr. Tom :

Hello.....I am so sorry about Carrie's accident. It is proper that she go to the ER. You did the correct thing by flushing the eye with water. ER's know how to handle bleach exposure to the eye. It can be serious. And I would sure recommend that Carrie be followed up by an ophthalmologist...a physician trained in all aspects of managing chemical exposures to the eye. Do you have an ophthalmologist?


Thank You, ***** *****


We do not have ophthalmologist.

Dr. Tom and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you