Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I am in NYC and want to get prp eye drops for severe dry eye

post lasik. does anyone know...
i am in NYC and want to get prp eye drops for severe dry eye post lasik. does anyone know where I can get this ?
3/5/2013
Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Dr. Tom :

Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question.I understand what you are asking. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom

Dr. Tom :

Hi....please let me know if you are available to chat?

Dr. Tom :

I've researched your question and can provide you with a NYC location.

Dr. Tom :

Please let me know if this is helpful and if I can answer anything further.

Customer:

hello

Dr. Tom :

If you would like, I'll be happy to give you the name of a very good corneal ophthalmologist who has extensive experience with lasik problems.

Customer:

Hello, I am looking for PRP eye drops. This seems to be for joint problems.

Customer:

no thank you, ***** ***** just looking for prp eye drops like these:

http://bloodrecycling.net/autologous_prp_eye_drops.html

Dr. Tom :

OK....can you give me a few minutes to check further with a cornea collegue?

Customer:

sure

Dr. Tom :

Take a look at this abstract while I'm trying to reach a corneal specialist.... http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22759830

Dr. Tom :

This is going to take more time than I thought, and I don't want to hold you up un-necessarily. So we have two options, (1) I can opt out of our chat and see if any other expert can answer you immediately......or (2) if you are not in a big hurry, I will continue to seek your answer and get back to you. What would you like to do?

Dr. Tom :

Since you must've stepped away for a moment, I will switch this over to the question and answer format. Please leave me a message so that I know which option you choose. I will be more than happy to continue searching for an answer to your question, if there is a New York location. It's a question that I would like to know as well.

I shall be standing by to hear from you.

i will wait for you (option 2)

Hi Zoso, I just got a notice that you gave me a poor rating. Please tell me why. I am in an email dialog now trying to find an answer for you in NY. You had sent an email that you wanted to wait on me to get your answer??
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I need a Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP, PRGF, E-PRP etc ..) EYE DROP manufacturer or Ophthalmologist that can prescribe PRP EYE DROPS near the NYC area.

Originally you provided me with ortho info. I waited for you but then my question was opened up to all experts. I didn't think you were coming back again. This is my first time... If you are still working on the question I would be happy to update my response, if I can

Thanks Zoso....these chats can get complicated by the computer. Thank you for agreeing to re-rae me....I get bad marks with JA if you don't give a positive rating, and I really want to help you. You have a tough question...and I am waiting on a collegue. now to talk with his collegue in NYC. Please re-rate and stand by. Thanks.
Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Thank you for upgrading the rating. I will get back to you as soon as I possibly can with the information you have requested.

Zoso,

I just heard back from a highly regarded lasix surgeon here that his collegue, Eric Donnenfeld, MD (who has several offices in your area) offers the service you requested. His web site is:

http://www.ocli.net/physicians/ocli-donnenfeld-old.htm

I hope this is helpful and the answer you wanted. Thanks for your patience.

He is incorrect. Dr Donnenfeld does not offer PRP eye drops

Thank you for briefing me on that, Zoso. I will go back to work for you and see what else I can find.
OK Zoso......here is a follow up.
I went back to the first website I sent to you http://bloodrecycling.net/autologous_prp_eye_drops.html
and I personally called Tonya at their lab in Georgia.
She told me that Dr. Steve McCormick at NY Eye and Ear(###) ###-####has worked with her and has experience in PRP.
She also told me that her patients fly to Atlanta, to her lab, have blood drawn and drops are prepared in a sterile hospital OR. A 3 month supply is about $300 there. She gave that as a reference cost as she did not know the pricing by Dr. McCormick.
BTW, this is the toughest question I've worked with on JA...because it is a very seldom used technique. Although it sure sounds promising. I have enjoyed helping you....and I hope you will consider my help worth an excellent rating. Best wishes.

I am the one that brought those two together. Dr. Steve McCormick will not do PRP. He does autologous serum only.

I appreciate the effort but it doesn't seem you were able to get any further than I was. However, I did find an ophthalmologist willing to work with me.

Thank you for your time.

Regards ...

I am very sorry....Tayna specifically said that her lab had given their PRP protocol to Dr. McCormick.
Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD