Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems
68478506

I recently had vestibular testing (looking into infrared

I recently had vestibular testing (looking into infrared goggles while the dr. rotated my chair) Since then my eyes have been hurting alot. I've been checked by an opthomogist and they can't see anything wrong. But i did not feel this before the test. It's been 2 1/2 weeks since. Can the goggles or test have done something to the muscles behind my eyes.
Dr. Tom :

Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question.I understand what you are asking. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom

Dr. Tom :

Can you chat now?

Customer:

yes

Dr. Tom :

Good morning. I'm sorry that you are having the eye problem, but I assure that it is not from your vestibular testing. In my practice we do a great deal of that type of testing and there is no way it can cause the trouble you mentioned. May I answer anything else?

Customer:

It's just strange that i did not have this before i went there. It was done by a chiropracter/neurologist vestibular specialist. I only did this because his wife my nutritionist suggested it because I have been getting headaches and feel a little spacey but not dizzy..The dizziness and eye pain came after the test.

Dr. Tom :

Thanks for that additional information. In some patients the testing can cause some temporary dizziness, but within minutes is resolves spontaneously. Your headache and " spacey" feeling could be from something entirely unrelated. Have you had a complete medical physical since your problems started?

Customer:

Yes, I've been under a regular neurologists care and my regular dr. Seen them both since this has happened plus my opthomolgist. I have an appt. with an neuropthomolgist in a few weeks. do you know of other testing that might be done given the situation. If it is muscle related is there any way of testing that.

Dr. Tom :

Thanks, ***** ***** that all of your medical test have come back negative. Headache, dizziness and eye pain could be caused by otherwise unsuspected sinus infection. I would certainly want an ENT to chech you for that. Sometimes it requires a Sinus CT scan to detect otherwise quiet sinus problems. And of course the neuro-ophthalmologist is a great idea. Is there anything else I can answer?

Customer:

Thank you, I am going to have a sinus ct. scan also they suggested that. Thank you for your time.

Dr. Tom :

You bet...best wishes.