Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I got silicon sprayed on my eye. My eye cried almost

instantly and a lot. I...
I got silicon sprayed on my eye. My eye cried almost instantly and a lot. I did not wash it with water. This was 2 months ago. I has been mildly bothering me. Feeling a slight preassure. Now the whole area around the eye is bothering me and the mscles are twitching. What should I do?
3/3/2013
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Doctor DanB :

Hello and thanks for your question. The fact that you've only had mild irritation since then (and this was over two months ago) speaks to the fact that this is very likely not anything serious. This incident, however, may have been the catalyst for some mild inflammation in the eye (wouldn't be major inflammation or you wouldn't be using the words 'mildly' and 'slight

Doctor DanB :

Because of that, I wouldn't panic. I think the best thing to do is to start using some cool compresses 2-3x/day for 5-10 minutes each time. Also, and perhaps more important, would be to use some artificial tears in that eye, 3-4x/day, everyday regularly (not just when it feels irritated), for 2-3 weeks. If you only use them sporadically when you feel irritated and not scheduled, they will only work for 30 seconds or so. It is the consistent use several times per day, for a few weeks that enables them to help rid you of the irritating symptoms.

Doctor DanB :

Does this make sense? Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other concerns about this topic that I haven't addressed?

It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns.

Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy or unsatisfied.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.