Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Experience:  30 years experience treating patients with eye problems
68478506

In the past week i have been short on breath ,anb on 3

in the past week i have been short on breath ,anb on 3 ocasions Ive had twitching in my eyes. I do have a chest cold so Im no longer going for walks out side. we live in a small town whwere thr are a lot fo homes that burn wood .very smokiy air right now
Dr. Tom :

Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question.I understand what you are asking. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom

Customer:

\what does it mean when my eyes twitch when im walking and short on breat

Dr. Tom :

Hi.....and thanks for your question...Give me just a minutet to type an answer for you then we can chat further.

Dr. Tom :

You describe a problem we see almost everyday in our office. the twiiching comes from involuntary muscles contraction in the eye lid mussels....and no doubt the smokey invironment isn't helping. The smoke will cause your eyes to try to produce a little thicker tear film for protection. It is often helpful to use on OTC eyedrop like Systane four times a day to help the natural responses. If there is any itching, OTC Zaditor is also helpfu. It is a safe anti-histamine eyedrop. And cold compresses can help reduce the twiching. Does this make sense so far.

Dr. Tom :

The chest cold and smokey environment can cause some SOB, but please consider seeing your primary doctor if SOB continues or get worst.

Dr. Tom :

So now let's work on any additional questions you might have?

Dr. Tom :

The screen says that you are typing........so I am standing by for additional questions.

Dr. Tom :

Another name for the lid twitching is myokymia....I've plulled a great email link to the Institute of Healt wedsite that will give you a good discussion of basic lid twitches. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1213160-overview

Dr. Tom :

Since you appear to be off line, I will switch our live chat over to Q and A. In that format you can continue asking question until you are satisfied.

Let me know if you have any other questions.