How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Dan B. Your Own Question
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 3343
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Dan B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Doctor, I have what I call chronic, perpetual bags under my

This answer was rated:

Doctor, I have what I call chronic, perpetual bags under my eyes. How do I get rid of them? I try soaking them in the morning for about 5 minutes but that may help me think I see better but, the bags don't seem to be affected. Should I be consulting with a plastic surgeon?
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : Yes, unfortunately, surgery is the only reliable method to rid yourself of these bags around the eyes.
Doctor DanB : Many comprehensive ophthalmologists do this surgery quite competently, though, to be in the best hands, I would consult an Oculoplastic surgeon, which is an ophthalmic surgeon (ophthalmologist) who is fellowship trained tand specializes in the medical and surgical treatment of the tissues around and behind the eyes (orbit).
Doctor DanB : Does this make sense?
JACUSTOMER-t0qzbjfr- :

Yes.. I now visit an Ophthalmologist for eye inspection and new glasses prescriptions as needed. I will ask him if he is so trained or perhaps give me a referral.

Doctor DanB : Great. Do you have any other questions about this? 
JACUSTOMER-t0qzbjfr- :

I'm on the PC way to much and probably need my prescription checked.

JACUSTOMER-t0qzbjfr- :

Thanks for the suggestion and I'll be following up. Is this a medicare type procedure? Or would you know? Thanks

Doctor DanB : Unfortunately, this usually amounts to a cosmetic procedure (doesn't relieve a functional problem) so most insurance companies don't pay for it and it is therefore something a patient ends up having to pay for out of pocket.
JACUSTOMER-t0qzbjfr- :

My brother and sister both have Fuchs disease. Ever hear of that?

Doctor DanB : I know precisely what Fuchs is.
JACUSTOMER-t0qzbjfr- :

OK< I'll just have to budget for it.. (-: Thanks

Doctor DanB : My pleasure. Good luck. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry! 
JACUSTOMER-t0qzbjfr- :

Since they have it is it likely that I would have it?

Doctor DanB : It's possible, though certainly not definite.
JACUSTOMER-t0qzbjfr- :


Dr. Dan B. and 2 other Eye Specialists are ready to help you