Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

My husband is a relatively healthy 48. 2-4 dizzy spells per

My husband is a relatively healthy 48. 2-4 dizzy spells per day last 5-6 months (not just when standing/sitting up). Yesterday complained of headache which has not gone away after taking advil. This morning he added a stiff neck, eyes sensitive to light and "tingly" skin. Should i just lock him away from me so i don't catch it or should he consider going to 24/7 clinic or emergency room or should he just make an appointment. He did call his doctor about the dizzy spells 6 weeks ago & his doctor sent him motion sickness pills in the mail - no help at all. He receives his medical treatment from the VA so an appointment would be 3-6 weeks away. At this time he is wrapped up in a blanket laying on the couch.
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

From what you have posted, the duration of his symptoms and the fact that he is getting nothing but worse, I would have to say that it is time for him to see a doctor....and a doctor that is willing to do more then just "mail" him pills.

Dr. Rick :

I'd take him to a 24/7 clinic. If they think that he would be better treated at an emergency room, they will make sure he gets to one.

Dr. Rick :

While my wife would probably agree with the "lock the husband up and see if he lives" approach to medicine I think, as a husband myself, it would be a kinder and gentler thing to haul him to a doctor. ;-)

Dr. Rick :

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Dr. Rick :

We have been experiencing problems with the chat system for the last few days. Our engineers are working on it. However, I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:
Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : From what you have posted, the duration of his symptoms and the fact that he is getting nothing but worse, I would have to say that it is time for him to see a doctor....and a doctor that is willing to do more then just "mail" him pills.
Dr. Rick : I'd take him to a 24/7 clinic. If they think that he would be better treated at an emergency room, they will make sure he gets to one.
Dr. Rick : While my wife would probably agree with the "lock the husband up and see if he lives" approach to medicine I think, as a husband myself, it would be a kinder and gentler thing to haul him to a doctor. ;-)
Dr. Rick : Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick