Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I woke up this morning with clouded vision in my left eye.

There was also some pain...
I woke up this morning with clouded vision in my left eye. There was also some pain. What might be the cause for this. Also my eye was very red.
2/1/2013
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Hi. I'm online and available to help you today.
Do you wear contacts?
Do you have any medical problems or take medications?
Tell me more about the pain you are having....
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
I don't wear contacts; I have had cataract surgery; I take a thyroid medication;and a very mild blood pressure med I can't spell. I don't have any medical problems currently...my father died of a heart attack at age 49...my mother died at age 94. There is some pain in the eye off and on. It seems to surround my eye and hurts to touch in places.
From what you have posted it is possible that you have either an infection, such as a corneal ulcer, or perhaps inflammation inside your eye.
In any event, especially with the vision loss you are experiencing, a complete examination by an ophthalmologist is needed, the sooner the better.
Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD