Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Approximately 4 days ago i was playing a basketball game and

had my eye poke on...
approximately 4 days ago i was playing a basketball game and had my eye poke on accident and at the time didn't think much of it at the time. i went home that night and notice that my right eye had become very red and that it had started to hurt so i put some eye drops in to prevent redness that toke the pain away for the rest of the evening. i woke up the next mourning and the pain was back but more severe. so i decided i would go see my local doctor and see what they could do about it. After he looked at both of my eyes he said that i had bacteria in my eye and that there was nothing to really do other then let it work its way out and to take eye drops for pain. i explained to him the fact that i have woken up and had blindness in my one eye completely and he said it was the bacteria moving my eye. i have to wear sunglasses because my eye is sensitive to the light. so sensitive that i get headaches. i woke up this mourning and toke my eye drops and realize that seems as if the bacteria may be shifting to my other eye as it is not becoming more red but it is not sensitive like my other eye it is just red neither eye itches nor crusted in the mourning and it has just now started to move to the other eye can some one give me some ideas?
1/31/2013
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

It does not sound like the doctor who you consulted with is an ophthalmologist......

Dr. Rick :

Do you know the name of the eye drop you were given?

Customer:

i dont believe so sir

Dr. Rick :

I'm sorry. But I have to leave my computer for about 3 to 5 minutes to attend to a patient. Please stand by. I will be right back.....

Customer:

i was not given drps he just told me to take visine drops for the pain

Customer:

k

Dr. Rick :

I'm back.

Dr. Rick :

Are you still there?

Dr. Rick :

The treatment you are currently getting is nowhere near adequate.

Dr. Rick :

At the very least you have a corneal abrasion. From what you have posted, at this point it would be a fair guess to assume that you now have a corneal ulcer with intraocular inflammation (uveitis).

Dr. Rick :

You really need to be seen by an ophthalmologist right away for proper care and management.

Dr. Rick :

I would not delay seeking treatment.

Customer:

ok so u are suggesting seeing an eye doctor?

Dr. Rick :

Yes. Today. The sooner the better

Dr. Rick :

You only have two eyes and it is nice to have both of them working for your entire lifetime

Dr. Rick :

And I'd not go back to this "doctor" with any future eye issues.....

Customer:

my question is that the left eye never was hit and it was white until today i guess i dont understand that

Dr. Rick :

That eye may be irritated for many reasons. The main issue is to get proper treatment for the injured eye. I'd not concern yourself with the second eye for now. Also, the ophthalmologist will examine both eyes during your visit today.

Dr. Rick :

I'd call right now and get in for an exam

Dr. Rick :

Is there anything else you would like to discuss at this point or have all your questions been answered to your satisfaction?

Dr. Rick :

I guess you have stepped away from your computer

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

As a person who has asked over 183 questions, and who I have worked with in the past, I am very confused as to the poor rating you have given me for my efforts in assisting you with what could be a very serious eye issue.
Why did you feel the need to give me poor feedback?
I am sorry to see that you have given me a poor rating for the assistance I have provided. Ratings do not apply to system malfunctions...only to the quality of the expert.
I would ask that you give me a chance to provide you with further data so that you have the information you need to address your issue.
I would appreciate a good or excellent rating and will work hard to obtain it if given the chance.
Thank you.
I realized that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Hi Steve,
I was just thinking about you and wondering how your eye was doing. What did the ophthalmologist find on Thursday? Did you have a corneal ulcer?
I hope you are feeling better.
Have a good day.
DrRick MD FACS

Thank you

My pleasure.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD