Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I was diagnosed with Uveitis last week (5 days ago). I'm a

I was diagnosed with Uveitis...
I was diagnosed with Uveitis last week (5 days ago). I'm a 37 year old male, no other physical issues / symptoms. My eye was red and sore and cloudy vision. I saw a cornea specialist and he prescribed a couple kind of drops (the one I am still taking is Steriod drop - Prednisolone). The redness has gone away and there is no pain, but my vision is not back 100%. The vision is no longer cloudy, but it feels like I may need a new prescription. How long does it typically take for the eye to fully heal or improve after Uveitis? I would say my situation was relatively mild and I've never had this issue before. It's only been 5 days, can I expect further improvement in vision in that eye?
1/23/2013
Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Dr. Tom :

Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question.I understand what you are asking. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom

JACUSTOMER-bsm9ygob- :

Hello

Dr. Tom :

Hi again....let me type out an answer....stand by.

JACUSTOMER-bsm9ygob- :

Ok. Thanks. I can try to provide more detail if needed. Just let me now.

Dr. Tom :

First, yes.....you can expect further improvement. Quite often in circumstances as you have described, the temporary blurred vision is simply a result of the tear film surface being a little out of it normal consistance. It typically resolves as you are weaned off steriods. In the meantime, using an artificial OTC tear drop, like Systane, could help stabilize your tear film. Dose that may sense under the cirmcumstance?

JACUSTOMER-bsm9ygob- :

yes that makes sense. The doc has lowered my dose of steroids the first couple days was a drop every hour, now it's 4 times a day. I see him again in 2 weeks so my guess is that if all is well he will lower the dose again. So if that is the case post steroids, I may see further sight improvement. Is that a possibility? I will try the systane drops. That won't interfere with the steroids will it? Thanks for your help this has been very helpful.

Dr. Tom :

It will be perfectly fine to use the Systane along with the steriods. This very very commonly done. Thanks for allowing me to help you today. You will likely be back to normal soon. Best wishes. and thanks .

JACUSTOMER-bsm9ygob- :

Thank you, ***** *****

Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD