Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

Relief of congested sinuses and ears, associated with a cold

relief of congested sinuses and ears, associated with a cold
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Customer:

yes

Doctor DanB : Afrin is a decongestant nasal spray that works nearly instantly and provides a powerful decongestant for your sinuses. Because your body can experience a rebound increased congestion with this if used for too long at a stretch, I would recommend using it for three days on and three days off at a time. Does that make sense?
Customer:

yes; have used it way in the past; not sick often so forgot all about it; follow instr on bottle re dosage schedule?; can I stop sooner if symptoms relieved?

Doctor DanB : Yes to both questions. Do you have any other questions about this?
Customer:

No and thank-you very much.

Doctor DanB : My pleasure. Good luck. Do you have any other questions about this?
Good luck to you.
My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!