Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have the beginnings of cataract in my left eye. About an

Customer Question
hour ago I noticed there...
I have the beginnings of cataract in my left eye. About an hour ago I noticed there is something in that eye like a large splash of blood in the eye. What do think that might be?
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Eye
1/6/2013
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 4 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Where is this splash of blood located? Is it on the white part of your eyeball?

Dr. Rick :

Any other symptoms?

Dr. Rick :

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

Dr. Rick :

We have been experiencing problems with the chat system for the last few days. Our engineers are working on it. However, I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:
Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : Where is this splash of blood located? Is it on the white part of your eyeball?
Dr. Rick : Any other symptoms?
Dr. Rick : Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD