Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I found out in October I had H-phylori, D difficient, &

Customer Question
anemic (9). Now (Dec) I...
I found out in October I had H-phylori, D difficient, & anemic (9). Now (Dec) I have a 10.9 iron level. I had a blood test done at my weight clinic I weigh 134. My dietician suggested I ask my primary care physician for referral to a Hemotologist. She said my blood was wrong color and shape and that my new red blood cells were the same way. I was told a long time ago I had sickle cell trait. I've been anemic my whole adult life. The last 5 years I have had digestion issues, more headaches, hormone embalances, The last three years I am always extremely exhausted with daily activities, I sometimes feel like I see things on blank walls. 2009 I had really bad chest LS pain and tingling in my arms, they said I had too low potassium, stress, and possible infection. I was in Iraq at time. last six months my eyes lids feel dry. What could this be?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Eye
12/13/2012
Eye Doctor: Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD replied 5 years ago
Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD
Dr. Tom-Eye : Hi, I'm online now and would be happy to help you with your question. Just reply and we'll get started. Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom-Eye : It appears that you are off line. I will check back in with you a little latter this morning to help you with the questions you posted about your eyes. Dr.Tom
Customer:

Im here.

Dr. Tom-Eye :

Good morning. It sounds like you have been through a lot lately. Tell me if you have had the Hematology work up yet?

Customer:

No I have not

Dr. Tom-Eye :

Well the symptoms sure sound like it is all ( maybe not the dry eye part ) anemia related. Did you have a B 12 level tested?

Customer:

Yes its fine because as apart of my weight plan I get B vitamin injections.

Dr. Tom-Eye :

The extremely exhaustion sure fits the picture of H-phylori related anemia. So It is well advised that you get the specialist evaluation. For your dry eye using an artificial tear drop like Systane 3 or 4 times a day can be very helpful and comforting.

Customer:

ok thanks!

Dr. Tom-Eye :

Is there anything else that I can answer for you?

Dr. Tom-Eye :

I will switch us over to the Q and A format so you can rate our service. Thanks for letting me help you. And remember you can continue to ask questions after you rate this chat. Best wishes,

It appears that you rated my response to your question poorly. Please tell me in what way we failed to meet your expectations? Thank you. *****

I already know I have anemia and Hphylori and that it also causes exhaustion. I stated that in my question. Thank you for your time.

Dear *****a,
It appears that you rated my response to your question poorly. The rating system applies only to the how well you think the doctor responded to your question. Clients are encouraged to ask follow-up questions until satisfied.
Please tell me in what way I failed to meet your expectations?
If you wish to upgrade your rating of me to a positive you can still do so.
Thank you.
Dr. Tom.

Hello again Erica.

It appears that our conversation is still open. So I'm writing again to see if there's anything else I can do for you. If not please click one of the happy faces or five stars so that JA can give me a rating. Thank you very much.

Information given was what I stated, didn't feel I received a helpful answer.

Good morning Erica,

I thought I owed you another opportunity to chat about your posting. Reviewing what you stated in the posting, I was agreeing that the majority of your symptoms were anemia related...then you said "last six months my eyes lids feel dry. What could this be?" The answer I gave you was that you probably have developed Dry Eye Syndrome, I recommended over the counter the counter artificial tears, suggested Systane as one to start 3 or 4 times a day....and then I asked if you had other questions.

So I was leaving the chat open to be sure that if you wanted to discuss anything further, I was there for you. I still am. So please let me know what else I can do to give you a helpful answer?

Again, thanks for the opportunity to help you.

Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom, Board Certified MD