Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have a blood herriage and now I see floaters/blood, etc.

after 3 months it has...
I have a blood herriage and now I see floaters/blood, etc. after 3 months it has improved but I see some floaters what can I do to get rid of them, my blood pressure and blood surgars are under control.
12/7/2012
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

What can you do about the floaters? Well, floaters don't go away, and they don't really get worse. Over time they tend to "sink" out of your central vision and you brain "filters" them out so you don't notice them so much anymore. They almost never cause significant visual problems except, of course, if they cause a secondary retinal detachment as discussed above. The only way to decrease or remove the floaters is with a major surgery called a vitrectomy. As a retinal specialist for almost 2 decades I've only done this procedure to remove floaters in a handful of cases.

Here is a video of the actual surgery to remove floaters:

http://www.retinavitreous.com/video%20files/intro_floaters.html

Dr. Rick :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD