Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have fluid retention only under peri orbital area of right

Hi!
I have fluid retention only under peri orbital area of right eye. I have pictures and I am willing to send it to you. I dont have hyperthension, kidney disease or thiroid problem so far.
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

You can attach the pictures using the paperclip on your screen and I will be happy to review them for you.

Dr. Rick :

I have to step away from my computer for about 15 minutes to do a laser procedure but I will be right back and have a look at those pictures.....

Customer:

Customer:

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm back

Dr. Rick :

How long has this been present? Does it change at all?

Dr. Rick :

Do you have any medical conditions or take any medication?

Customer:

It's about 10 days

Dr. Rick :

That area of swelling is more on your cheek then associated with your eye or orbit....

Dr. Rick :

do you have any tooth pain or mouth issues?

Customer:

Tooth pain no

Customer:

mouth issues no

Dr. Rick :

Ok. It does not appear from the pictures you have uploaded that the swelling is from orbital fat prolapse or any orbit issues.

Dr. Rick :

Commonly swelling like you are experiencing, if it is not due to mouth issues, is from an allergic reaction, trauma or localized irritation.

Customer:

Is it possible that I have tooth problem but dont feel pain?

Dr. Rick :

As a person who has 3 DDS in the family I have to say -- absolutely.

Dr. Rick :

Since you have already used claritin and ice and things have not improved in 10 days I think your next best step is to see your MD and, possibly, a DDS.

Dr. Rick :

I do not think that this swelling represents any sort of terrible condition but it would be nice to get rid of it :)

Dr. Rick :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

Customer:

acctually I started with calritin just 34 days ago and with ice just yesterday\

Customer:

4 days

Customer:

sorry

Dr. Rick :

Also, thank you for your patience while I stepped away from my computer to treat a patient :)

Dr. Rick :

Ok. Well, it wouldn't hurt to try a some benadryl 50 mg and see if things improve. If not, you would still have plenty of time to get and be seen by your MD before the weekend.

Dr. Rick :

Also, try to get more sleep...sometimes it is just as simple as that :)

Dr. Rick :

since you had an episode of itchiness before all this started I would bet that we are dealing with some sort of allergic reaction here....

Dr. Rick :

Are you still there?

Dr. Rick :

I guess you have stepped away from your computer......

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick