Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

My grandfather cannot see any more. He had high blood

My grandfather cannot see any more.
He had high blood pressure all the time(180-200) and one day he got something happining on his head and one of his eye stop seeing. At the same time his blood pressure drop to 160 and was not going up long time(4-5 month). Doctors said he had circulatory damage on his head and put a lot of injections and tablets to stop his head-age which happen after that.
But nothing helped his eye and second one also stop seeing. Now more than 1 year passed and I want to know if there is any chance to help him? Thank you very much.
Regards
Kanan
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

From what you have posted, it sounds like your grandfather either had damage to the area of his brain that is involved in vision or, possibly, damage to his retina from a vascular issue.

Dr. Rick :

Going just on what you have posted I am very sorry to say that it doesn't seem like anything can be done to restore his vision.

Dr. Rick :

If you could give me more information, or even better yet, scan and upload copies of his medical notes, I would be able to give you more specific information on what has happened to your Granfather's vision and what, if anything , can be done.

Dr. Rick :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Dr. Rick :

Good Morning. Welcome to chat. I was just addressing your question.

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:
Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : From what you have posted, it sounds like your grandfather either had damage to the area of his brain that is involved in vision or, possibly, damage to his retina from a vascular issue.
Dr. Rick : Going just on what you have posted I am very sorry to say that it doesn't seem like anything can be done to restore his vision.
Dr. Rick : If you could give me more information, or even better yet, scan and upload copies of his medical notes, I would be able to give you more specific information on what has happened to your Grandfather's vision and what, if anything , can be done.
Dr. Rick : Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick : Good Morning. Welcome to chat. I was just addressing your question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Rick, Thank you very much for support. I really feel not good to hear that but I also do not have all documents yet to show you as well. I am trying to get them and as soon as I get them I will send it to You.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Kanan

Kanan,
I look forward to reviewing the documents for you. Just upload them to this thread when you obtain them.
Please give my best to your Grandfather.
Dr. Rick, MD FACS