Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Im a md working on a pediatric psychiatry unit and diagnosed

hello Im a md...
hello Im a md working on a pediatric psychiatry unit and diagnosed myself with a bacterial conjunctivitis this AM I would like to write myself an Rx to get started on treatment immediately and my opthomologist is in NY(its sunday) and I'm in PA. (I have a NY and a PA license) I was thinking perhaps Ciprofloxacin 3% or Moxifluoxacin 0.5 % but not sure if bid or tid for 7 days. I could use a suggestion.
11/11/2012
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : Either Cipro or Moxi are fine but I would either at least TID for 7 days. Any other questions about this?
Doctor DanB : Moxi is a 4th generation FQ so it's more likely to cover the really nasty in-house stuff, but Cipro is pretty good too.
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic?    It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently.    I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.   If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns. Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  Please rate your encounter with me by providing feedback; any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry! 
Customer: Hello. On my mobile now. I am free to chat if you are
Doctor DanB : I'm here. Did you see my answer?
I switched us over from the chat format to a Q&A format because I don't know if we're seeing other's answers in the chat format. I'm still her to help you though.
Hi Doc Dan. I got your answer and decided to go with Moxi as I am sure I acquired it in-house and many of our kids have had multiple admissions and/or residential placements so perhaps a somewhat wider coverage would be wise. Started treatment and hope to be goopy-eye free within a day or so. Of course I'd it does not improve I will find an optho to take a direct look. Many thanks for your guidance. I give you a follow-up in a day or two. Thanks again, Doc Sue
Please do Sue. Good luck!
Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  Please rate your encounter with me by providing feedback; any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.