Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I am a 59year old woman, 10 months ago I had a fall and

Hi I am a 59year...
Hi I am a 59year old woman, 10 months ago I had a fall and banged my forehead just above my right eye resulting in a bump and black eye but I have still a soft small lump there which does not hurt should i be concerned.
11/10/2012
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : As long as it is not painful and your vision is not altered, there is no reason to worry about this bump. It is likely an old blood clot. If you did want to do something about it, however, I would suggest using warm compresses and massaging the bomb to see if it can go away with that. Does that make sense?
Doctor DanB : Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  Please rate your encounter with me by providing feedback; any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry! 
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.