Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I got hit in the eye last night. I just want to an

optometrist an my vision is...
I got hit in the eye last night. I just want to an optometrist an my vision is fine. But i noticed my left eye (got hit), the vision is a bit darker and less contrast than my right eye. Should I be worried and see a different doctor?
11/10/2012
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : While I wouldn't necessarily be worried to death if your vision is still pretty good, I would worry enough tongetbthis checked to get this checked out by an ophthalmologist. There can be numerous problems from raised intraocular pressure, to damage to the drain inside the eye to micro-hemorrhage within the eye to damage to the optic nerve which most otometridtd are not going to have the training to be able to pick up. The issues you're dealing with really need to be assessed by an ophthalmologist. Does that make sense?
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic?   
Doctor DanB : If not, Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers.  Please rate your encounter with me by providing feedback; any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.  If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.  My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry! 
Customer:

Thank you. I went to see my optometrist again. He said some of the issue may be the dilating drop he put in my left eye earlier this afternoon when he first checked it out. But if it doesn't improve by tomorrow, he said to see him again. I also have the on call number to Stanford Ophthalmology, and will call tomrrow am if it doesn't get better. Thank you Dr. DanB

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.