eyesight2020
eyesight2020, Optometrist
Experience:  provide eyecare information for adults and children
63511224

I fell and hit my eye and now have a very badly bruised and

I fell and hit my eye and now have a very badly bruised and swollen right eye. Besides cold compress, is there anything else I can do to speed up healing and bring swelling down?
I will do my best. to assist you.
The immediate treatment is to is to do as you are doing applying cold compressors to help with the
swelling
Are you on line?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How long does it normally take for swelling to go down?
When did it happen and was it near your cheek bone?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Last night. It's right above cheek bone but creek bone is fine, not bruised or swollen. Eye lids have the most swelling.

Could you send me a picture Most of the hemorrhaging must have covered along your eye lids. Any pain on eye movement,double vision or sensitivity to light,or change in vision? The swelling will take a few days to go down as the bruising subsides and gradually changes color. Depending on how severely you banged your eye you should go to the walkin to have an x-ray of your eye to make sure the bones are intact

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Not much pain really other than it's pretty swollen. Vision is ok except my eye is halfway shut from the swelling. When should I start applying warm compress, if ever?
As well as follow-up with your eye doctor ,where your doctor may in his evaluation check the pressure
of your eyes and dilate your eyes.
In the meantime I would do cold compresses till the swelling goes down then warm compresses till the bruises resolve.If you have no issues with taking ibuprofen,you could take that for any pain as needed.
Hopefully this answers your question
Any questions feel free to contact me.
A positive rating would be greatly appreciated
Any other questions
I am doing a follow to see how your eye is doing.
Has the swelling gone down significantly and are you doing better.
Have you followed up with your doctor.
Sincerely
Eyesight 20/20
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the follow up. The swelling has come down quite a bit but the bruising is still there...pink and purple around the eye and down the cheek and in the side of my nose. It hurts to wear my glasses. How long before the swelling completely goes away and color fades? Another week? My eye lid still looks swollen too.
It sounds like youare doing better. It is hard to predict exactly ,it could be another week or so.
Have you had an x-ray taken or at least followed up with you primary care so he can evaluate you.It may be a good idea.