Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Should my new glasses make my feel dizzy? I think my left

(lazy) eye is -.75 and...
Should my new glasses make my feel dizzy? I think my left (lazy) eye is -.75 and my right eye is -4.75. The world seems distorted and things that should be straight are curved.
I'm also have a second more complicated question.
I was farsighted +7.5 in both eyes and had RLE but the right eye didn't have the expected result :( At the surgeons a day after and a week after they did a refraction test and told me my right eye was -3.5 but when I went to my usual optometrist for new eye glasses he said I was -4.75.
I was concerned and called the surgeons office and they said that they didn't do the same test as my optometrist and not to worry about it. But it seemed like the same test to me. Are they full of crap!
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/7/2012
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

How long have you had the new glasses?

I've had my glasses for one day. lol

Well....I suppose you can guess what I am going to say then, eh? lol!
While the difference in the power of the glasses needed for each eye could be the cause of your symptoms, this is called anisoconia, you have to give them more time.
Sometimes it can take up to 3 weeks for your brain to adjust to new glasses.
As to your second question....a refraction is a refraction. While the results may very from time to time, especially during the post-op period, it is the same test at the ophthalmologists office as it is at the optometrists office.
So. Yes. That statement is full of crap....as you so succinctly put it. :-)
So. What is the take home message? Give the new glasses three weeks of full time wear before you throw them away.
Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD