Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I am a 54 year male suffering from chronic eye allergy

Customer Question
Hello, I am a 54 year...
I am a 54 year male suffering from chronic eye allergy conditions.I came back last night from a trip from China and am suffering tremendous jetlag due to a 16 hour time difference.As a result I am frequently seeing web like black circles in front of my right eye some of which are very tiny and some bigger.Prior to my trip I had got a complete eye exam including a retina check and was advised by my opthalmologist.
During my trip to china my allergy became worse and I had to use a drop of lotemax twice for two weeks.
that everything was fine and I had no signs of cataract or glaucoma.
As my opthalmologist is currently not in town I need to know if this is a serious situation and do I need to go to another doctor or its t likely to be an temporary effect of jetlag and lack of sleep
Thank you very much.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Eye
11/6/2012
Eye Doctor: eyesight2020, Optometrist replied 5 years ago
eyesight2020
eyesight2020, Optometrist
eyesight2020 :

Hello

eyesight2020 :

I will do my best to assist you

eyesight2020 :

Are you available to chat

tellena534 :

yes

eyesight2020 :

So you said you recently had an eye examination with your opthalmologist do you go to because you have had problems in the past or did he say your eyes are otherwise healthy?

eyesight2020 :

Are you near sighted?

tellena534 :

I go to him frequently for allergy problems but upon examination he stated that my eyes were otherwise healthy.

tellena534 :

I am myopic -5 both eyes

eyesight2020 :

Did you have any other symptoms like flashes of light prior to seeing the black spots?

tellena534 :

No these are not black spots but circle like things which do see from time to time but now it has increased with the jetlag

tellena534 :

My doc told me these were normal and couls be due to some impurities in the eyball

eyesight2020 :

So do you remember seeing any flashes of light?

eyesight2020 :

It is possible that you are experiencing a floater

tellena534 :

no

eyesight2020 :

That being said should you see an increase in the number of circles,flashes of light ,distorted vision or curtain like effect ,yes I would would call your doctors office anthe doctor on call may see you

tellena534 :

Are you there???

eyesight2020 :

If they seem to subside or stay about the same I would followup with your doctor when he returns

tellena534 :

So the jetlag has no temporary aggravating role to play???

eyesight2020 :

Vitreal floaters are very noticble when they first occur then as time goes they subside,how ever it is always best to have your eyes evaluated so tbat your doctor can confirm tbat it is only a vitreal floater

tellena534 :

eyesight2020 :

I do not beleive that the jet lag is the cause.

eyesight2020 :

I hope this helps

eyesight2020 :

I hope this helps,anymore questions

eyesight2020 :

I hope this helps,a positive rating would be appreciated

eyesight2020 :

A positive rating would be appreciated

eyesight2020 :

Thank you

Ok have done.Just one last question Is there any immedeate risk to my eye.it is only in the right eye.

I WOULD HAVE YOUR EYE EVALUATED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO ENSURE IT IS JUST A VITREAL FLOATER

HELLO,
Just FOLLOWING-up to see if you were able to be seen by the doctor on call or your doctor and was wondering what the outcome was
Eyesight20/20
eyesight2020
eyesight2020
eyesight2020, Optometrist