How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick Your Own Question
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 11305
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Which doctor/ specialist should be consulted for the

Customer Question

Which doctor/ specialist should be consulted for the following problem:
Above the top eye lid, there is a buldge that could be on a blood vain,that clotted, can this be removed ? It is not painfull but uncomfortable and appears to become bigger and more visible?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

An ophthalmologist would be the specialist to consult for this condition.

Dr. Rick :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for that, but what would the cause for this be and what is the condition called? Could you also advise on ore onfo on the condition and suggested treatments ?

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
It is really impossible to know for sure what is going on without examining you, but it may be a lipoma, a cyst, a hemangioma or even just a broken blood vessel with a clot in it.
It shouldn't take your doctor very long to figure out what it is once she can look at it and touch it.
The treatment, of course, will depend on what is going on.
Does this make sense to you?
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.