Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Can astigmatism be caused by something neurological, like a

Can astigmatism be caused by something neurological, like a brain tumor or something like that?
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
No. There is NO WAY that astigmatism is from something neurological or from a brain tumor. It comes from the shape of your cornea or changes in your lens...
Floaters are from "clumps" in the vitreous inside your eye....nothing to worry about -- I've had them for 30 years.
The other symptoms? Not due to your eyes, but with the testing you have done it seems like you are on the right track.
Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick