Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I woke in the middle of the night with a blinding headache

Customer Question
over my right eye; its...
I woke in the middle of the night with a blinding headache over my right eye; its 5 days after a lumbar discectomy.It has eased this morning. Should i worry?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/10/2012
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 5 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Yes. I would call your surgeon. If you can not get in touch with her you may want to go to the Emergency.

Dr. Rick :

It is possible that your headache is due to a CSF leak causing the fluid around your brain to be low.

Dr. Rick :

In these cases it is better to be safe than sorry.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Hi.
I was just thinking of you today. Was it a CSF leak causing your headache? In any event I hope you are feeling better now. Have a good day.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD