Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Fluid between my retina and eye wall has caused loss of

Customer Question
vision in my right eye...
Fluid between my retina and eye wall has caused loss of vision in my right eye. The only other thing in the eye is a small neva(sp?) or freckle that doesn't seem capable of producing the amount of fluid. What else could cause it?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Eye
10/9/2012
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 5 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

There are a large number of thing that can cause this.

Where is the fluid? Have you seen an ophthalmologist?

Have you seen a retina specialist?

Can you give me anymore information?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are typing and that could mean a couple of things: 1. you are actually typing or, 2, the chat system has frozen up. I'll give it a few more minutes and if I've not seen anything from you I'll switch over to the Q&A system. That system works a lot like 'text messaging' but, unlike the chat system, it almost never freezes up. We can continue to work on your question there. :o)

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:
Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick : There are a large number of thing that can cause this.
Have you seen a retina specialist?
Can you give me anymore information?

Directly behind the retina. Yes. Yes. It's been over a year since my "Episode" - a kind of "explosion that left my eye covered with a "film of dust particles" and floating golden halos mostly seen in darkness.

I am a retina specialist. It sounds like you may have had an episode of posterior uveitis. The symptoms you have reported can be from any number of causes; figuring out what is going on would require a complete exam, history and, sometimes, lab evaluation.
This is best done by a retina/uveitis specialist.
What can tell you here today?
I am sorry to see that you have given me a poor rating for the assistance I have provided. Ratings do not apply to system malfunctions...only to the quality of the expert.
I would ask that you give me a chance to provide you with further data so that you have the information you need to address your issue.
I would appreciate a good or excellent rating and will work hard to obtain it if given the chance.
I was looking for more information about your condition so I could provide a more directed answer...
Thank you.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD