Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Do you think The PRK is safer then the lens implant as far

do you think The PRK is safer then the lens implant as far as developing a detachment
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today. Welcome back.

Dr. Rick :

Given your extensive ocular history, which we have discussed in previous chat sessions, fi I had to pick one or the other for your I would go with PRK.

As you know, with PRK there is more corneal stroma available for surgery and, with your high myopia, you will need all the corneal tissue you've got.

Dr. Rick :

Does this answer your question?

Dr. Rick :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives and Excellent service is my goal. Your positive feedback is how we are compensated. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply." I will be happy to discuss your issue in more depth and do everything I can to provide you with the information you require.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:
Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today. Welcome back.
Dr. Rick : Given your extensive ocular history, which we have discussed in previous chat sessions, if I had to pick one or the other for your I would go with PRK.
Dr. Rick : Does this answer your question?
Dr. Rick : Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives and Excellent service is my goal. Your positive feedback is how we are compensated. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply." I will be happy to discuss your issue in more depth and do everything I can to provide you with the information you require.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Do u know if it raises ur risk of detachment with PRK ? and Implant I heard does raise risk bc its inside the eye which can cause some issues do u agree with that . Just trying to firgure which is best for me bc no one can agree every doctor has its own input which is diff but dont know who to trust espcially I want the lowest risk possible I know everything carries a risk But wouldnt think a laser on cornea would effect the retina do u agree ? And is the prohaltic laser I had done similar to PRK as far as the recovery and laser hitting the eye which one is more dangerous . Bc i surviored the prohalytic laser

No one can agree because there are no real good data out there.
With everything I know about your eye I do not think you have to worry about a significant increased risk of a retinal detachment with PRK.
PRK should not affect your retina given all that it has been through.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Being that I am 5 moths out from the prohalytic laser 360and havent got a retina tear but still floaters and some flashes does that mean I am less like for retina tear being 5 moths out bc the vitreous is not as attached or is that false ?

That is correct. The laser treatment you have had will "weld" your retina down very tightly and protect you even better from a future retinal detachment. This is a good thing.....