How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Dan B. Your Own Question
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 3343
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Dan B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi,I have an on going condition for the past 7 years,Ive been

Customer Question

Hi,I have an on going condition for the past 7 years,I've been to loads of doctors and have had loads of tests and my results are all coming up clear,I was in the phillipines working in 2004 and ever sence I have this condition,maybe twice a year I get this attack in my body where my eyes swell and close I have difficulty breathing I break out in a rash all over my body and it turns to massive lumps with itch lumps on my head like golf balls and all the time I'm been told I'm ok,I don't know how much more of this I can take could you try help me out a little thanks mike
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 4 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB :

Mike, this sounds very classic for an allergic reaction. The swelling/itching of the eyes, the hives that itch, the sudden onset all over the body, are all very classic for an allergic reaction. The next question you may have is--what am I allergic to? That, of course, is the million dollar question. Since it's only happening twice a year, it may be difficult to nail the offending agent down (but there are many things one can be allergic to, such as weeds, grasses, molds, trees, animals, perfumes, foods, lotions--the list goes on and on).

Doctor DanB :

However, because it only happens twice a year, it may also be easier to catalog what you've done those days, what you were exposed to, what activities you were doing on those days, who you might have been around, etcetera to nail down the offending allergy-causing agent (allergen).

Above all, however, if you (yourself) are not able to determine what this agent is, you can always go to see an allergy doctor to undergo systematic allergy testing that may help you discover what it is that you are allergic to.

If this is significantly distressing to you, you may consider starting an oral antithistamine pill that you just take once daily, every day, as a preventive measure--good examples of these include loratadine or ceterizine (brand names are Claritin and Zyrtec in the U.S.).

Doctor DanB :

Does this make sense? Does this information help address your concerns?

Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic?

It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns.

Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing feedback; any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!