pippistrellodaqua
pippistrellodaqua, Optometrist
Experience:  Specialty in contact lenses, medical eye management, LASIK
69746508

I have severe seasonal allergies. A week ago, I went to the

I have severe seasonal allergies. A week ago, I went to the ER and was diagnosed with a viral upper respiratory infection, acute asthma exacerbation, bronchitis and laryngitis. I was on methylprednisolone and an antibiotic (just in case). lI am feeling much better but within the last two days, have developed pain behind my eyes when I move them. It doesn't hurt to look straight, but hurts if I move my eyes at all. I have also been experiencing headaches. I'm not sure if I should just pop some allergy pills, give it a few more days, or if I should go in to see my doctor ASAP.
pippistrellodaqua :

I am happy to assist you today.

pippistrellodaqua :

There are two possible concerns going on here. One, and this may be more likely, the discomfort may be due to sinus congestion. Two, the use of oral steroids such as methylprednisolone can cause an increase of pressure in the eyes which rarely manifests as pain or discomfort.

pippistrellodaqua :

Welcome to the chat.

pippistrellodaqua :

Is the vision blurry at all or have there been changes in the vision?

Customer:

No. I get dizzy but my vision is okay.

pippistrellodaqua :

Good. You may want to add an eyedrop called Zaditor or Alaway, which is obtained over-the-counter. This drop is dosed at one drop per eye twice a day and works wonders for allergies.

pippistrellodaqua :

You should follow the steroid schedule and keep a watch on the condition. If the pain or discomfort worsens or doesn't go away in a day or two, then it may be time to see your eye doctor.

Customer:

OK. Thanks.

pippistrellodaqua :

Do you have any additional questions or concerns?

Customer:

No. I will give it a couple more days. Thanks.

pippistrellodaqua :

I will be available to answer any follow-up questions you may have.

Please don't forget to offer a positive rating once your question has been answered fully.

Also, please note that the information here does not replace an examination and should be used as educational purposes only.