Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Between the following 2 tests has been found an improvement

in my keratoconous: 21 october 2008 http://www.startpage.host-ed.me/first.JPG 10...
Between the following 2 tests has been found an improvement in my keratoconous:
21 october 2008
http://www.startpage.host-ed.me/first.JPG
10 june 2009
http://www.startpage.host-ed.me/second.JPG
The eye doctor explained this with the fact that I used different machines and they have an error range. Do you think this change may be really explained in that way or can be seen a real improvement?
9/10/2012
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Let me review the data you have provided. Be right back:

Dr. Rick :

I am unable to open the links you have provided. If you could try using the paperclip on your screen to attach the files that might work. If that doesn't seem to be working, try this website:

Save your picture on your computer, someplace easy to find it such as your desktop.

Go to www.tinypic.com

Upload your picture to the site tinypic.com by browsing for it as directed.

This opens up files on your computer. Double click on the picture you want to upload then hit open (bottom right of the screen). This will take you back to the tinypic page. Hit "upload now" then do the secret code thing and your picture will upload into the system.

Once you do that it gives you a bunch of links you can use, one of which says "direct link for layouts" It is important to use this box. It is the forth one down from the top of the page.

Copy the link from inside this box and then paste it into your justanswer dialog box and send it to your expert.

I look forward to reviewing your documents and figuring out what is going on with your keratoconus.

I uploaded them here:

21st of october 2008
http://i46.tinypic.com/2ufg2l5.jpg

10th of june 2009

http://i47.tinypic.com/9uurm0.jpg

Got them :-)
The cone is present in both scans. They are different systems and they use different computer programs to show your corneal data.
While the numbers presented are not exactly the same the cone is obvious with both systems and is within the amount of variation I would expect given that the data were obtained with totally different scanners on different dates.
I would not read into these data that your cone has "improved".
Does this make sense to you?
Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives and Excellent service is my goal. Your positive feedback is how we are compensated. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply." I will be happy to discuss your issue in more depth and do everything I can to provide you with the information you require.
Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.
Let me know if you have further questions.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD