Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Started with swollen eye and itchy jaw last Monday. Saw

Customer Question
Started with swollen eye and...

Started with swollen eye and itchy jaw last Monday. Saw Doctor who prescribed prednisone. Took total of 4 pills and experienced tingling tongue and lips. Saw Doctor again and told her of new symptoms of itchiness with rash on face and neck. Also experienced tingling after taking prednisone. Told to stop prednisone and try hydroxyzine for relief. Stomach is now covered with red welts, itchy and painful to touch. Asked if I could have Shingles and doctor said the rash didn't look like Shingles because there weren't blisters. Also now have some rash on inside of arms at crease. Rash of large welts are now wrapping halfway around front of my body at waist. Experiencing pain when showering when water hits the rash area. After seeing doctor three times this week, she is suggesting I see an allergist next week. Help...

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Eye
9/10/2012
Eye Doctor: Camille-Mod,
 replied 5 years ago
Camille-Mod

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected. I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Please stop looking at this time. I am being sent to allergist today by my primary doctor. Will see what he says.
Eye Doctor: Camille-Mod,
 replied 5 years ago
Thank you. I will cancel this for you, please let us know if we can be of help to you in the future. Good luck at your Dr.'s appointment today! :-)
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist