Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Over the past couple of days i have gradually noticed a

Customer Question
visual disturbance in my peripheral...
Over the past couple of days i have gradually noticed a visual disturbance in my peripheral vision in my right eye. Its not really a blinking light but more of a "twinkle". I cannot notice it in a dark room, its almost like the disturbance doesn't produce its own light but rather its and area of random refractment when there is available light around. I'm going to an opthamologist tomorrow but would like to know what to expect. Just got my annual eye check up around a month ago and was told that my eyes where in the best shape my doctor had ever seen. Thanks in advance
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Eye
9/10/2012
Eye Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 5 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Hello from JA
I have just been alerted to your question
Do you still need help?
HelloM
OK
You need to have glaucoma ruled out if not done
Retinal detachment.
If your eye was not fully dilated and they did not check pressures during your annual eye exam then these are the next steps.
Occasionally this can be due to refractive error but it sounds like that has been ruled out.

Floaters are also possible, and retinal detachment must be ruled out in this case.

Let me know if you have further questions. Just use reply if you are not done.

Please rate one of the positive ratings: the only way we are compensated for time and expertise. If you are not done or satisfied, use reply to expert [not poor/negative]. Come back anytime. Bonuses are great…but your satisfaction is my goal.

Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician