How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrK99 Your Own Question
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 4455
Type Your Eye Question Here...
DrK99 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a small clump of blisters on the outside of my

Customer Question

I have a small clump of white blisters on the outside white of my eye-what is it
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  DrK99 replied 5 years ago.
Are the blisters on the skin around the eye or on the eye itself?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
On the eye itself in the outer corner. If I move my lower lid around the area wrinkles
It is not painful, just annoying. I have had eye allergies this season, never have before and I have had dry eyes for a long time. I use lubricant eye drops twice daily.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I note your an ob/gyn?
Expert:  DrK99 replied 5 years ago.
The surface of the eye can blister just as the skin can. This is called a corneal erosion. The erosions can heal spontaneously but if they do not, scarring can occur. You should not put neosporin in the eye itself.

Lubricant ointments or antibiotic ointments meant for the eye can be used. You should seek the services of an eye Dr (opthamologist) for an eye exam.

Its important to identify the location of the blisters and to be sure their is no tearing. This can be done with instillation of a dye into the eye followed by and exam.

Im going to opt out in hopes that an eye Dr will answer the question but wanted to at least give you something. I noted that there are no eye docs online right now.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I used an eye antibiotic, I would never put neosporin in the eye. Thanks for your input but I think I'll wait for a reply from an eye doctor.
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 5 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected. I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I waited 7 hours for an answe and then get a reply from an ob/ gyn for an eye problem who takes a stab at a diagnosis. I read up on what her medical opinion was, she did not read my question completely because she was totally off base. I would have rather got a response that no eye md was available to respond. I would like a response from someone qualified to answer my question. Thank you.
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you. Unless you would like to cancel, please don't respond to this as it may prevent the Professionals from accessing your question. Thank you for your continued patience.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Please issue me a refund-I've contacted my own MD and have an appointment this afternoon.

Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 5 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** cancel this for you right away. Good luck at the Dr.'s today! :-)