Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I've a bilateral keratoconus. My problem is not so bad to

Customer Question

I've a bilateral keratoconus. My problem is not so bad to use invasive chirurgy but bad enought to ruin my life. After a cross-linking I gained more than one dioptre, but I still lack 3 in my left eye. What hope is there in the research being done on keratoconus? What NEW CURES are being experimented?

Before the cross-linking I tried 2000 IU/day of vitamin D3 for 6 months, after reading the research of Arthur Knapp. My keratoconus seemed to improve in the following corneal map but my oculist told me it may be due to the fact I used different machines for the tests. Is it possible there is so much difference? Is there any evidence the vitamin D works? Is there any relation between vitamin D and cornea? Thanks in advance.

I add the links to the 2 maps I talked:

21 october 2008
http://www.startpage.host-ed.me/first.JPG

10 june 2009
http://www.startpage.host-ed.me/second.JPG

Do you think there has been any improvement here?

Category: Eye
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 5 years ago.

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected. I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'm ok, it's not urgent. Thanks.

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you. Unless you would like to cancel, please don't respond to this as it may prevent the Professionals from accessing your question. Thank you for your continued patience.

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Unless you would like to cancel, please don't respond to this as it may prevent the Professionals from accessing your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

This question may be closed.