How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick Your Own Question
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 11363
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've got this jelly-like yellow translucent substance pooled

This answer was rated:

I've got this jelly-like yellow translucent substance pooled in the bottom right corner of my right eye. That eye is reddish-yellow and feels swollen/pressurized in the corner. It's hard to close it over the slight protrusion.
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like you have edema of your conjunctiva -- the "skin" around your eyeball.

Dr. Rick :

This can be from many causes, but the most common is an allergic reaction.

I suggest you use cold compresses and well as over the counter allergy medicines such as claritin D as well as benadryl 50 mg. Artificial tears can also be used to soothe your eyes.

Dr. Rick :

If you wear contact lenses, take them out.

If your vision is affected, you have a lot of eye pain or the eye becomes very red then you should see an ophthalmologist right away.

Dr. Rick :

does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives and Excellent service is my goal. Your positive feedback is how we are compensated. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply." I will be happy to discuss your issue in more depth and do everything I can to provide you with the information you require.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Dr. Rick and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you