Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Question regarding healing a scleral wound that was caused

Customer Question
by the removal of a...
Question regarding healing a scleral wound that was caused by the removal of a ping' almost two years ago. The wound is almost entirely unnoticeable however there is a small area greyish in color that is taking forever to fill in and turn white as the other area adjacent did. There is a small indent as well as discoloration, that I am so hopeful will fill in and turn white like the other surrounding tissue.
Is there a topical growth hormone or other solution that would help to finish healing this wound. I am willing to travel and monetary constraints are likely not a big issue. This is a priority to me, as I am sure anyone can imagine.
Please do not ask me to visit the doctor who did my operation because he is not interested in seeing patients like myself whom have post op complications. It is a very sad story and not worth telling. I just want to make sure my eye will take me into my later years. I have no interest in reliving any mistakes I made in not researching the procedure I untook. I have no interest in litgation either, I just want to be healthy and move on.
I am willing to seek out more progressive measures to help my body re-build and restore what has been damaged. The idea of going under the knife again scares me. I am interested in treatment that allows my body to play the major role in the healing process. Time is not a huge issue because others cannot see too well the wound/blemish I am referring to however I have read that time is an important factor in the healing process.
Sincerely,
Julie
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Eye
9/4/2012
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 5 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like you have an area of scleral thinning secondary to your injury.

Dr. Rick :

If it has been over 6 months since your injury was treated it is very unlikely that there will be any further healing in this area.

Also, there is no treatment, growth hormone etc that can help new, white, scleral tissue to grow back in this area of thinning.

Dr. Rick :

In the vast majority of cases these areas need no treatment. However, if the thinning is so pronounced that there is a risk of rupture, then surgery can be done to sew new (cadaver/artificial/harvested tissue from your body) in place to strengthen the wall of the eyeball.

Dr. Rick :

From what you have posted, it does not seem like these measures are necessary in your case. If, however, you are concerned, you could consult with a eye surgeon for another opinion.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives and Excellent service is my goal. Your positive feedback is how we are compensated. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply." I will be happy to discuss your issue in more depth and do everything I can to provide you with the information you require.

Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD