Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Is pink eye painfull

Customer Question
is pink eye painfull
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Eye
9/3/2012
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 5 years ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

Welcome to Pearl.com

No pink eye does not cause pain. It can cause discomfort in the eyes though. A pink eye becomes painful when there is a corneal involvement or there is iritis ( inflammation of the iris as the cause of pink eye- there is redness, pain, blurred vision, intolerence to bright light).

If you have a painful pink eye then it is better to get the eye examined in detail by an ophthalmologist ( for a slit lamp examination) so as to detect the underlying cause and start the treatment.

Please feel free to ask follow up questions if any.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

A positive rating is what I aim for and we can continue to interact till you get a satisfactory response.A positive feedback and /or bonus are most welcome and appreciated.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist

Hi Jason,
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Has the pink eye subsided? Does the eye hurt even now?
Let me know,
Dr.A.S.Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist