pippistrellodaqua
pippistrellodaqua, Optometrist
Experience:  Specialty in contact lenses, medical eye management, LASIK
69746508

I have a lazy eye since birth, but I could see pretty well

Customer Question

I have a lazy eye since birth, but I could see pretty well and it has not changed vision
in 53 years. In the last week my lazy eye has suddenly gone very foggy and it has stayed
that way for 10 days now. Can you have an instant caterach?
Category: Eye
Expert:  pippistrellodaqua replied 4 years ago.
pippistrellodaqua :

I am happy to help you with your question today.

pippistrellodaqua :

Cataracts mature over time at different rates for different people. Usually the cataract is not just noticed one day, but degrades the vision over time.

pippistrellodaqua :

A sudden foggy or blurry eye could be due to several causes. I strongly suggest you receive an eye examination to determine the cause.

pippistrellodaqua :

I will stay on for a few minutes to answer any other follow-up questions. Please don't forget to offer a positive rating once your question has been answered fully.

JACUSTOMER-id6mejtx- :

I have been a diabetec for 10 years. Is it related

pippistrellodaqua :

Sorry, I stepped out for a bit. Yes, the diabetes could absolutely have something to do with it. It could also be something like a retinal detachment. Whatever it is it should be evaluated.

pippistrellodaqua :

We often see bleeding in the back part of the eye with diabetes. Bleeding can often cause a painless blurryness that, again, needs to be checked.

pippistrellodaqua :

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Keep me posted as to what the doctor determines your problem to be.